Monday, March 16, 2009

Free samples, Fact or Fiction?

I’ve come across dozens of websites promoting everything from free gas cards, to free food! I was always told as a child if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, and that’s the rule I’ve always followed, but now I’m facing a real dilemma because so many people are talking about how they have received all these great free products, and I couldn’t ignore it anymore, so I decided to do my own investigating and get to the bottom of this once and for all. The first real question I had was how can any company give away their product or service for free and stay in business? After all isn’t the goal in business to make a profit? Ok, then how was this possible? As I researched the issue several answers began to come to the surface that I had never seen, as I said before how can these companies remain profitable by giving away gas cards, samples, and free stuff and not make a dime? The answer is they can’t, that’s right they can’t do it, at least not for very long. The fact is this, over the years there has been a trend that almost every industry has come to realize, and it’s that if the consumer doesn’t get to try the product risk free, they are very likely to never try it at all. For example; everyone’s been to Costco, have you seen the free food booths where you can taste the new cookie mix or sample a chicken wing? It’s the same thing. How about America’s favorite TV show Extreme Home Makeover, that’s right, Sears always gives away a Pro Series kitchen, that’s 1000’s of dollars, week after week! It’s the same thing They have to let people get a look and feel for their products, so with this in mind it’s not hard to understand that hundreds of companies have decided that their advertising dollars are best spent by giving their products away, especially if they have a product that will sell itself once its experienced. Keeping this in mind, when you have an opportunity to get a free sample of anything you know that the company believes that their product is the best, and if you get to sample it you’ll continue to buy it, and this holds true for coupons, gift cards, free samples, and sample clubs etc. I’ve changed the way I think about the whole free sample opportunity and have since come across some really awesome ways to test free samples of the best products out there, if this interests you and if you would like to get started doing the same thing I did then click here and you too will soon be enjoying all of the best that our industry has to offer consumers like you!